September 6, 2013

PEANUTS AND CRACKER JACK


It's so difficult to put a friend in the past tense.

Nearly 10 years after I left the city I lovingly refer to as My Oz, I finally bid my beloved New York Yankees a fond farewell. It just got too difficult to follow a team based 2,500 miles away, especially without cable or satellite service. Besides, most of the players that were on the team when I lived there have since retired, the old stadium has been replaced with something nicer yet too expensive to visit, and I'm no longer familiar enough with the new players to make it worth my while.

I deleted the MLB app from my cellphone, removed their Facebook page from my list of Likes, and stopped following their Twitter page. However, I will still wear the shirt pictured above with fond memories of all the Nathans hot dogs and Cracker Jack that I washed down with Pabst Blue Ribbon beer in The House That Ruth Built.

No comments:

Post a Comment