February 16, 2014

THE FAB FIVE



A lot has been written lately regarding the recent 50th anniversary of The Beatles appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show. That's nice and all but what I want to know is why the 30th anniversary of Duran Duran's Seven and the Ragged Tiger concert tour (which I saw at the Oakland Coliseum) has gone virtually ignored by the media?

I was a pretty big fan of Duran Duran back in the day. In fact, I'm still enough of a fan that when a song of theirs pops up on my iPod, I sometimes have to violently struggle to keep from doing The New Wave, the quintessential 80's dance move.

If you pay close attention, you'll see a fan in the audience of this concert clip performing it.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the first video in our celebration of the 30th anniversary of Duran Duran's arrival in America, The Reflex.

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment