November 5, 2011

8 MILLION STORIES

You know, when she wants to, Courtney Love cleans up real nice, huh?

There are eight million stories in the naked city, and this is one of them.

Sometime in 1996-97 (when I was living in NYC), Rock Star, Actress, and all-around hot mess Courtney Love spent 48 hours hosting on MTV. I had a friend who art directed, so I was invited to hang out on-set, which I did. At some point, Courtney asked everyone to tell the worst joke they had ever heard about her, so I told one that I had once heard comedian Judy Tenutta tell on a morning radio show:

What do Courtney Love and the New York Rangers have in common?
They both shower after three periods.

Everyone laughed their asses off, but she got pissed off after a few minutes, and I was told that I had to leave.

It was totally worth it.

There are eight million stories in the naked city, and this was one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment