November 1, 2012

HURRICANE CHRISTIE


When asked during a Fox News interview about the possibility of repugnican candidate for president Mitt Romney coming to New Jersey to inspect hurricane damage, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie replied:

“I have no idea, nor am I the least bit concerned or interested. I have a job to do here in New Jersey that is much bigger than presidential politics. And I could care less about any of that stuff. I have a job to do. I’ve got 2.4 million people out of power. I’ve got devastation on the shore. I’ve got floods in the Northern parts of my state. If you think right now I give a damn about presidential politics, then you don’t know me.”

Seriously, there isn't any real reason for Romney to be there. He's not a New Jersey resident and he's not a government official. All he's going to do is walk around and emote for the cameras, while trying to back peddle (yet again) on his belief that disaster clean up is a "States Issue," and not a federal concern.

Well played, Governor Christie. Very well played.

No comments:

Post a Comment