March 15, 2013

CRUZ CONTROL

I'm sure this isn't the finger Dianne wanted
to give Ted Cruz.
I’m not a sixth grader. Senator, I’ve been on the committee for 20 years. I was a mayor for nine years. I walked in, I saw people shot, I’ve looked at bodies that have been shot with these weapons, I’ve seen the bullets that implode. And Sandy Hook youngsters were dismembered… I’m not a lawyer, but after 20 years, I’ve been up close and personal with the Constitution. I have great respect for it.

You know, it’s fine, you want to lecture me on the Constitution. I appreciate it, but just know I’ve been here for a long time. I’ve passed a number of bills. I’ve studied the Constitution myself. I am reasonably well-educated and I thank you for the lecture.

-- Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), responding to Ted Cruz (R-TX) during a rather contentious debate regarding gun control yesterday afternoon.

Give 'em hell, Dianne.

No comments:

Post a Comment