March 21, 2014

THE 80'S


I have to admit that it hurt just a little bit when I saw on the news earlier that 35 years ago today, the first Sony Walkman appeared on store shelves.

Actually, it hurt quite a bit because I owned several of them throughout the greatest decade of the 20th century. I purchased my first one in 1983, along with two Pat Benatar cassettes, Live From Earth, and Get Nervous. For some strange reason, even though I had already made my purchase, I asked my mom from the backseat of our car if I could buy one. She said no and when I asked why, she replied "Because I said so." 

I rolled my eyes and as she drove, I quietly opened the packaging of my now contraband music player, installed the batteries, inserted the cassette into the player and hit the fast forward button to Love Is A Battlefield.

Such a rebel, huh?

1 comment:

  1. The more perfect song woulda' been "Hell Is For Children." That's ok, you can write THAT song into the movie screenplay.

    ReplyDelete