March 3, 2014

THE HANGOVER

We laughed, we cried, we kissed four hours goodbye - okay, maybe three and a half. Anyway, here is how I saw the show last night, which I have to admit, was pretty good.

The "Selfie" heard 'round the world.


Pharrell Williams Happy, from the animated film Despicable Me 2, didn't win the award for Best Original Song, but maybe it should have. I downloaded it during the telecast and it's my new favorite song.

“ . . . And I have to say one of the most amazing Liza Minnelli impersonators I have seen in my entire life. Just really, seriously, good job, sir.” Liza is clearly annoyed with the joke but her sister, Lorna Luft (left) looks like she almost peed in her dress from laughing so hard. Best joke of the night.


The Oscars chose to mark the 75th anniversary of the 1939 classic film The Wizard of Oz and Pink did a damn good job with her rendition of Over The Rainbow, but I'm confused about why this particular film was singled out. 1939 is generally considered to be the year Hollywood turned out its finest films (Gone With The Wind; Gunga Din; Stage Coach; Mr. Smith Goes To Washington; Goodbye, Mr. Chips; etc), and a tribute to that entire year would probably had been more appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment