May 17, 2013

BEAUTY SCHOOL DROPOUT


Short story long:

Since my regular barber Dan is Summering in Lebanon, I went to the Cinta Aveda Institute for a free haircut (since I had recently bought a promo candle at one of their stores).

It wasn't until I got there that I found out that the Cinta Aveda Institute is a beauty school. I should have known I was in for it when my stylist said this was going to take some time and hoped I didn't have any plans for the next few hours.

Oh Dear.

So for the next two and a half hours, I VERY PATIENTLY sat there and nervously watched as she muddled her way through what she later revealed was her first men's haircut.

Yeah, no shit.

At one point, I almost faked a "Drink your juice, Shelby" seizure because I just didn't think I could sit there much longer. Mercifully, my ordeal came to an end, and the instructor did a minimal clean-up on a haircut that actually turned out pretty well.

But still, Dan, you better fuckin' hurry home!

No comments:

Post a Comment