September 13, 2009

I'VE GOT AN ISSUE



I went to see SEPTEMBER ISSUE with the idea of falling even more in love with Vogue Editor, Anna Wintour. While it did affirm my fond feelings for her, it was Grace Coddington (Creative Director of Vogue and pictured above) who stole my heart . . . and the film.

Anna may be the one calling the shots but it's Grace, a former model from Wales, who is not only the creative backbone of the magazine but is someone who has integrity in spades (a seemingly rare quality in that industry).

It is Ms. Coddington who tells a junior editor, who's idea's have been recently dismissed by Ms. Wintour, that he not only be "not nice" when dealing with Wintour, but that he must be the same way with when dealing with herself because being "too nice" will cause him to lose everytime. Sort of the fashion industry version of "grow some balls." Love it!

I found this documentary to be absolutely exciting and inspiring. Watching creative people making a living being creative always sparks those same juices in me. SEPTEMBER ISSUE had me itching to run home, grab my old 35mm camera out of my closet and start taking pictures again.

See this film!

No comments:

Post a Comment