September 26, 2009

KISS ME, I DON'T VOTE

Former EBAY CEO Meg Whitman has announced her candidacy for the GOP nomination in the race for Governor of California. Speaking at a recent republican rally, some of the campaign promises she made was to slash $15 billion in spending and reduce the state government work force by 40,000.

She did not, however, provide any details on how she would achieve those goals. This continues to be an issue with her. More than once she's given interviews with lots of fluff but no substance. She's got all these "great ideas" but no plan on how to implement them.

More importantly is the fact that she not only failed to register to vote until 2002, she hadn't even registered as a republican until 2007. When pressed on this issue by reporters, her reply was "I did not vote. I should've voted. It is inexcusable. I've said what I'm going to say about it."

She's said all she's going to say about it? I just don't understand how you can inspire people to vote when those who run for office don't even vote themselves. This is an obvious "vanity campaign" that I have a feeling will completely fall apart (at least I hope it does).

State Attorney General Jerry Brown (D) hasn't announced his campaign yet but enjoys a huge lead in all the polls taken so far. He is also received the endorsement of The Steaming Poop Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment