December 8, 2009

BOUN APPETITO






I recently had the pleasure of dining at DELFINA. My friend Steve was in town from New Hampshire and we both love this place.

We started off with the Hafner 2003 Cabernet Sauvignon. This a wine that I have in my collection already and is, without a doubt, the BEST "cab" I've ever had.

I ordered the Meyer Ranch Hanger Steak (rare) and substituted the French Fries with the Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes. I couldn't recommend a meal more highly. It's always so nice to find a restaurant that does "RARE" right. The mashed potatoes were smooth and sublime and it's a recipe that I would LOVE to crack.

Our meal was topped of with the Warm Tcho Chocolate Torta with Olive Oil Gelato and Maldon Sea Salt. The dark chocolate morsel was so rich and delicious that I nearly sprayed my shorts at first bite.

Although reservations are STRONGLY recommended (we arrived around 6:30pm without one and the place was PACKED), we were happily (and quickly) accommodated.

No comments:

Post a Comment