January 19, 2012

HOLDING OUT FOR A HERO


"If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'"


Mark Wahlberg is taking a lot of heat for this comment, recently published interview for Men's Health MagazinePersonally, I don't really have an issue with what he said, however, many do, and he has since apologized for his remarks.

Admittedly, I did roll my eyes when I saw this in the news again. I wasn't sure why he felt the need to bring it up again, after all these years. However, it has been well-documented that the Oscar nominee was booked on American Airlines #11, the plane that crashed into tower 1 of the World Trade Center. He changed his mind about flying the night before, and decided to go elsewhere, instead. It is also well-documented that he spend his youth as a bad ass street-tough, who spent time in juvenile hall. I have no doubt had he made the flight, he definitely would have stepped up.

Hind site is 20/20. Who knows what would have really transpired had Wahlberg made the flight. Maybe he could have done more to stop the hijacking, maybe not. We've all been in a "What If" situation, so it's no surprise that he feels the way he does. Also, to have avoided a chance encounter like this one had to have done a number on him.

Lighten up, folks. Leave Mark alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment