September 4, 2012

NOVEMBER 6


“What they are trying to suggest is that I said Barack Obama was responsible for the plant shut down in Janesville. That is not what I was saying. Read the speech . . . What I was saying is the president ought to be held to account for his broken promises. After our plant was shut down, he said would lead an effort to retool plants like the Janesville plant to get people back to work. … It’s still idle; people are still not working there. Lots of people I grew up with who lost their jobs there still don’t have their jobs there.”

-- Republican VP candidate Paul Ryan

Broken Promise, huh? Okay, well here's the speech that presidential candidate Barack Obama gave on February 13, 2008:

"And I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years. The question is not whether a clean energy economy is in our future, it’s where it will thrive. I want it to thrive right here in the United States of America; right here in Wisconsin; and that's the future I'll fight for as your president."

The plant was put on suspension on December 23, 2008 -- almost a full month before Obama took office.

"Nuff said?

Oh yeah, and Osama Bin Laden was caught and killed.

A mission TRULY accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment