September 12, 2012

WAFFLES


"(I'm) not getting rid of all of health care reform. Of course there are a number of things that I like in health care reform that I'm going to put in place. One is to make sure that those with pre-existing conditions can get coverage. Two is to assure that the marketplace allows for individuals to have policies that cover their family up to whatever age they might like . . . Even in Massachusetts when I was governor, our plan there deals with pre-existing conditions and with young people.

-- Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney

That's what Romney had to say on Sunday's Meet The Press. He must have had (another) change of heart, because the very next day, Romney said on conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt's program:

"Well of course I’m going to repeal Obamacare. I’ve said that on the campaign trail, I think, every single day. Obamacare must be repealed in its entirety. It’s bad policy, it’s bad law, and frankly, a $2 trillion entitlement we don’t want and we certainly can’t afford. I have my own health care plan, and it does not require Obamacare to make our health care system work better. Obamacare is a disaster in my opinion, and has to be repealed entirely." 

So are you going to be serving this latest order of waffles with jam or syrup, Mr. Romney?

No comments:

Post a Comment