January 20, 2010

THE VICTORY GARDEN RETURNS

My mom told me recently that a neighbor and her were talking about the high cost of produce, so they decided plant a garden together. Word spread and now several neighbors have joined in and the idea has turned into a neighborhood garden.

This is such a great idea. It's environmentally-friendly (since they won't be using pesticides AND there is no long-distance transportation involved), cost effective, and VERY healthy since everything will be harvested fresh.

There is nothing more satisfying than walking outside your home and picking something fresh out of a garden to eat. It was something I took for granted as a kid. We always had a large garden growing up, as did most of our neighbors. It was one of the many benefits I enjoyed, having grown up in a small farm town (although I didn't know it at the time).

So cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment