July 26, 2010

THE SQUEEKY WHEEL


The following is the email response I received regarding the issues with a Hertz car rental this past Friday.

I'm very impressed with the tone of the letter and the fact that they addressed every issue I brought up with them.

Kudos, Hertz, you may have retained me for life.

Dear Mr. Crayne:

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your recent rental experience with us.

I agree that the customer service ball was dropped in this instance and I can totally understand your frustration. I sincerely apologize for what happened with the vehicle and the conduct of the Hertz personnel. Let me please say that I am really glad that you are okay and that no one was injured. I have also confirmed that the rental was closed at 11:00 a.m. the same day of the rental and there are no charges for the rental. Scott, I am sorry for everything you have gone through and certainly hope that you will give us another chance to regain your trust.

All Hertz vehicles are required to undergo strict maintenance and servicing procedures prior to being released for rental. Unfortunately, certain mechanical problems can occur unexpectedly. As a gesture of our concern, $100.00 coupon are being mailed to you separately. We trust you will allow us the opportunity to regain your confidence in Hertz.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you again for expressing your concerns. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soon.

Sincerely,

Sharon R
Customer Correspondence Administrator

2 comments:

  1. I don't wanna dim your warm glow from this letter, but many of the phrases in this letter are stock. Remember TSI? Mr Towey used to have stickies on his computer screen with standard phrases that he could just click and plug into a letter, and I see many of the exact same ones here:

    "..dropped the ball..."
    "...can totally understand your frustration..."
    "..I am sorry for everything you have gone through.."
    "...another chance to regain your trust.." [that one was used twice]

    I guess there's a Cust Svc guide somewhere that suggests these stock phrases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL i know but while trying to pick up the ball they "dropped," they sent me $200 dollars in coupons instead of the $100.

    works for me.

    ReplyDelete