July 21, 2010

THANKS A LOT, JOHN MCCAIN

Hey Sarah, it's not your backyard, so I'm not sure why you felt the need to speak about the plans for a mosque being built a few blocks away from Ground Zero.

Oh wait, yes I do. You're a fame-seeking media-whore who sold herself out for the millions of dollars you've made as an "author" and Fox News contributor.

A couple of days had passed since Ms. Palin had received any news coverage, so it sounds like she was feeling a little ignored when she tweeted the following:

"Peace-seeking Muslins, pls understand, Ground Zero mosque is UNNECESSARY provocation; it stabs hearts. Pls reject it in interest of healing."

"Peaceful New Yorkers, pls refute the Ground Zero mosque plan if you believe catastrophic pain caused @ Twin Towers site is too raw, too real."

(sigh)

For the record, I do not really have an issue with this, although I admit that I raised my eyebrows a bit when I first read about it. It's a private land deal and is costing tax payers nothing. I also understand why people are feeling the way they are about this, however, not every Muslim is a terrorist (just like not every priest is a pedophile).

This is a New York City NON-issue and is not one that Americans need to get their panties in a wad about. It should be a debate between the local citizens of Manhattan and their planning commission only, not political pundits on cable news shows.

So, hey Sarah, shut up and stop using fear as reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment