May 16, 2012

BOOK WORM


With beach-reading season fast approaching, I'm quite nervous about what I've chosen for my Summer reading.

In the past, my Summer reads have usually been something fun and frivolous like Hollywood Wives (yeah, I said it), Boy Wonder (actually, this book is pretty awesome), or even Bette and Joan: The Divine Feud (shut up, I already know). Instead, this season I'm going with something MUCH more brainier, the winner of the 1974 Pulitzer Prize, The Power Broker: Robert Moses and the Fall of New York, by Robert Caro.

I suppose I'm mostly nervous because the book comes in at whopping 1162 pages. Perhaps my choice is a bit ambitious, but it's been sitting on my bookshelf for a couple of years now, and I feel like I need to just bite the bullet and dive into it head first.

I'll let you know how it all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment