June 14, 2012

I FUCKIN' SHOT THAT


I have a few regrets in life, and after last night, I have one more to add to the list.

The closest I came to seeing The Beastie Boys live, was when I was supposed to go see Madonna at the Civic Center Auditorium in San Francisco, back in 1985. They were her opening act (and they were soundly BOOED everywhere they played), but due to a circumstance that I should have seen coming, I didn't get to go.

This is an issue I still occasionally bring up at family holidays.

Anyway, I caught the documentary I Fuckin' Shot That at the Roxie Theater last night, with Robin T. It was part of their evening tribute to Adam Yauch, aka MCA, who passed away recently from cancer. The movie is a collection of clips taken from their October 2004 Madison Square Garden show, when 50 LUCKY fans were given camcorders and asked to shoot whatever they saw that night.

The final product shows the group in top form, and it left me with just one thought:

I regret never seeing The Beastie Boys live, because their shit was tight . . . 

. . . hella tight!

Click to see the full-length documentary here.

No comments:

Post a Comment