June 8, 2012

OLD MOVIES


If there is one thing my more regular readers know, it's that I love a good movie - especially in an old movie palace.

One of the best is the Paramount Theatre in Oakland, where their Summer Classic Movie series kicks off tonight with Stand By Me.

STAND BY ME? 

I remember when that movie came out, god-dammit! (SIGH)

Also on the calendar this season:

The Blues Brothers
Apollo 13
Ghostbusters
Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
An American Werewolf In London
The Breakfast Club

Having remembered when ALL of these films were first released, I have to admit, it hurt just a bit to see them included on a list of "classic films."

In fact, it hurt quite a bit.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to take you to see Ghostbusters and you're going to watch it start to finish and you're going to like it!!

    ReplyDelete