October 2, 2012

TRIBUTE


You died on a day that was much like the one when I found you on the window sill of a Citibank ATM Lobby on Park Avenue and E. 57th Street, in April of 1995.

It was a sunny day. It was a warm day. It was a day filled with cockeyed-optimism, and you only added to the beauty and excitement that goes along with of all that.

Today, with no warning, you crossed over, and I'm not sure how I'm going to cope with the loss.

However, if anything, I am a strong individual, and it is that strength that will help me manage to somehow pick the shattered pieces, dust myself off, and move on with my life.

So long, my beloved Romeo Gigli sunglasses. You will be sorely missed and fondly remembered.

2 comments:

  1. You ought to frame them in one of those deep 3D display frames.

    But before you do that, take a photo of them on a window sill next to a half-full glass of water, with a photo of the NYC skyline/Central Park in the background (put up the photo on your computer; put the glasses on a table in front of the screen). Thus, it'll be like Yoko Ono's album cover "Season of Glass" with John's blood stained broken glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL if i'm unable to get the part replaced, i just might have to do that.

    ReplyDelete