December 14, 2010

DUMB AND DUMBER


Word on the street is that after nearly 100 years, the State Compensation Insurance Fund (workers compensation) is leaving San Francisco. The move, expected to save California an estimated $200 million over the next three years, is also blamed on the lack of brain power among the local hiring pool.

Applicants for employment are required to pass a civil servant-type test. Those who took the test in Eureka had a 90% pass rate, while those who took the same test here in San Francisco only passed 50% of the time.

Gee, what a shock.

2 comments:

  1. Other than a few amenities and some intelligent people (very few of the latter here), I'm so glad I don't live in SF any longer. My blood pressure would rise daily at the stupidity.

    Anyway, this is the GREATEST photo! I'm gonna steal it, if I may, and probably even post it on FB.

    ReplyDelete