August 26, 2012

WET DREAM


Okay, it's still a little fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure this is how it went down last night.

So I was out drinking with Robin and another friend of hers, when at some point she said we were going to stop at Lili Zanuck's house.

Holy shit, I thought to myself. Lili Zanuck? That's the wife of David Zanuck, famed producer of Jaws and Driving Miss Daisy, among others. He's also the son of legendary 20th Century-Fox mogul Darryl F. Zanuck.

How does Robin know her?

Anyway, we get there, and something is said about me pitching one of the television shows I've written. I reply "Really? Here? Now?" Robin says something like "yeah, why not? We're here and she's pretty open to stuff like that." Now, for some strange reason, we get talked into auditioning with a song and even stranger, I'm the only one who gets up and sings (a Dean Martin song, by the way). So while I'm singing my heart out, David Zanuck shows ups and when I'm done, I ask if he wants me to do another one. He replies with "No. That was fine, but it was a little too much of today and way too much of yesterday."

Ouch.

Then I mention that I also have a few television show ideas and he expresses some faint interest. So, just as I start tell him my first idea, it happens --

I wake up!

Dammit, I hate when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment