October 24, 2011

JUST A GIGOLO


She: Have you ever paid for sex?

Me: Haven't we all paid?

That was part of an actual conversation between a co-worker and myself several years ago at the to big to fail Lehman Brothers. We used to talk about the craziest stuff there, always a good time.

I miss working there.

Anyway, I mention it because even though this show has been on for several months, I just caught part of an episode of Gigolos on Showtime for the first time and I have to say, I was a little disturbed.

It's a supposed reality show that revolves around a few gigolos and their "pimp" (I'm not sure, I accidentally tuned in about halfway through) in Las Vegas. I guess what I found disturbing is that cameras were allowed to film the exchange of services between the gigolo and his client (in this episode, a hairdresser from Sacramento).

I wondered how "real" it could be, since I'm not sure how many people would allow themselves be filmed paying for sex and then performing in front of a television crew. Turns out, according to The Daily Beast, the clients are being paid for their services, as well.

So strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment