August 10, 2009

DOES A VISIT TO THE RIPLEYS BELIEVE IT OR NOT MUSEUM COUNT AS EXPOSURE TO CULTURE?

My nephew, Zachary, was in town yesterday and REALLY wanted to visit the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum in Fisherman's Wharf. I was SO not into it but it was his day here, so I sucked it up, took him and ended up enjoying myself. My enjoyment came mostly from watching him loving everything they had to offer.

The picture above is us standing in front of a mirror with a sign directing us to do a Dizzy Gillespie imitation, which as you can see, we did. Turns out these are two-way mirrors, so on your way out of the museum, you get to see the people at the beginning of the tour doing the same thing and I LOVED it (although it totally played into my issues about why I don't try on clothes in department stores).

No comments:

Post a Comment