August 10, 2009

THE GREAT TACO WARS OF 2009 - PRIMERA PARTE

Having suffered from the addiction of Los Compadres tacos for nearly a year now, I thought it would be fun to branch out and rate the tacos around town. So I found myself at PANCHO VILLA TAQUERIA yesterday and as you can see, I ordered their version of the Taco. The verdict: I wasn't impressed.

I have to admit, it was very surprising. The lines at this establishment are always long and they do make one hell of a Burrito. However, this taco turned out to be very bland (and this was their spicy version). Also, I had to resort to using a fork, as there was a little too much "filling" to pick up the taco by hand. Ultimately, I think what really bothered me the most was that at $3, only one taco is served, while Los Compadres gives you three for the low, low price of $4.50. It would be a bargain at double the price and in these troubling economic times, that is nothing to sniff at.

So the final verdict is, for Burritos, head over to Pancho Villa (it's in the piss-poor area of 16th and Valencia Streets). For Tacos, stick with Los Compadres.

No comments:

Post a Comment