August 11, 2009

A STEAMING POOP SPECIAL REPORT-THE BEVERLY HILLS HOTEL IS NOT CLOSING




One of California's most beautiful and historic hotels, The Beverly Hills Hotel, is NOT closing, despite persistent rumors that state otherwise.


In a Steaming Poop exclusive telephone interview with the hotel, I was assured that this landmark, last closed in 1992 for a 2-year renovation, is NOT scheduled to close anytime soon (whew, that was close as I was about to run to Ace Hardware and pick up some chains so I could lock myself to something there).

Affectionately referred to as "The Pink Palace," this 12 acre oasis first opened in 1912, when Beverly Hills was still pretty much a mud flat. One of my highlights whenever I visit Los Angeles is having breakfast at the famed Polo Lounge.

2 comments: