October 8, 2010

THE ART OF CUSTOMER SERVICE

More often than not, the customer service I receive is pretty poor. Nothing bothers me more than to have a situation not owned by the representative or sales person I'm dealing with.

However, there are times when I'm absolutely knocked out by the service I receive and today, I'm saluting Edward at Neiman-Marcus for that very reason.

Earlier this year, I bought a pair of Ray-Ban Wayfarers (Square-cut) and they weren't cheap, $180 to be exact. They broke recently, and I was unable to repair them myself. I brought them back to NM to see if they could help me.

At first, Edward (my salesperson) offered to have them repaired and when it looked like the repair wouldn't be done until Monday, he decided to do an exchange, instead. Unfortunately, there wasn't another pair in the stockroom, so Edward went ahead and swapped them for another pair.

I hesitated for a moment and noted that they weren't quite the same. He agreed and then said that the new style I was getting was more contemporary and would wear longer.

I love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment