October 25, 2010

TRIBUTE


Laugh as loud as you want, bitches, but this was how we rolled back in the 80's.


Sony has announced it will cease production of its legendary Walkman personal cassette player (I have to admit, I didn't know they were still making them). They will, however, continue to manufacture their MP3 version of the classic music player.

I bought my first one in 1983, along with two Pat Benatar cassettes, Get Nervous and Pat Benatar: Live From Earth. While sitting in the backseat with my stealth purchase (she had no idea I had just bought it), I asked my mom if I could buy one. She said No. "What if I paid for it myself," I replied. She gave me an impatient NO answer.

I rolled my eyes, put on the headphones, and blasted Love is a Battlefield.

No comments:

Post a Comment