October 7, 2010

INNER DIVA


I think what I like the most about James Franco are his career choices. Aside from the fact that he's one terrific actor, Franco manages to always keep people scratching their heads and wondering "what the fuck is he doing now?"

His latest choice is no disappointment.

Appearing in full drag, Franco is the cover boy/girl for the new transgender magazine Candy.

James, we don't really run in the same circles, so I doubt this will happen. HOWEVER, if we do run into each other, drinks are on me. You've got balls. You refuse to cash-in on your good-looks, you're a terrific actor, you work on the projects you want to (box-office be damned) and I absolutely respect that.

6 comments:

  1. I felt the same about Johnny Depp's early career. The choices he made. Largely unknown films, but all interesting and 'different.'

    I posted on someone's FB post of this cover that this pic got me re-imagining 'Brokeback Mountain' with Franco instead of Gyllenhall. I would have waaay preferred that. (I saw Gyllenhall "acting" a little too much.) But Ledger and Franco.. oh man....

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, you're right about johnny depp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. but not about Franco over Gyllenhaal in BbM?

    ReplyDelete
  4. (BTW, my anti-spam verification word for my immed above reply was "sabor.")

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol i could go either way w/ franco or gyllenhaal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good call scott. when i saw this (photographed by terry richardson, no less) i was again totally astounded by how stinkin brilliant franco is in terms of keeping us guessing. i really think he's a modern day renaissance man.

    ReplyDelete