May 31, 2011

ADDRESS BOOK



It was the most unusual living and work situation I've ever experienced.

I spent an entire year "In Residence" at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel in Seattle, Washington. My employer was WaMu Capital Corporation (a subsidiary of the now defunct Washington Mutual Bank) in 2005, and rather than pay my moving expenses, they flew me back and forth every week and put me up in the only 5-Diamond hotel in the Pacific Northwest.

I worked out in the gym with John Duran Duran Taylor, shared an elevator ride with Elijah Wood, and watched 50 Cent hang with his crew in the lobby one morning. The Olympic was also where my Yankees stayed when they came to town to play AND beat the Mariners.

Awesome.

It was an incredible waste of money (as WaMu was famous for flying in contract workers from out of state), but what a helluva nice way to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment