September 13, 2011

CITY HALL


It's a little early for an endorsement, but I'm leaning towards SF City Attorney Dennis Herrera, as my choice for Mayor of San Francisco.

I'm a reasonable liberal, but feel the Progressive Politics that seem to have a stranglehold on city hall have made San Francisco both a punchline, and in some ways, a rather unlivable place to be.

Dennis has recently come out against the boondoggle Muni Central Subway expansion, which has caught my attention. $1.6 Billion for a three station, 1.7 mile-long route is beyond ridiculous. That money should be used for a Geary Street/Boulevard Subway line, instead. He also fought for, and won, the case that briefly allowed Gay Marriage in California (even though then-mayor and current Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom took most of the credit).

A Long Island, New York native, Dennis grew up a Mets fan, which, as a Yankee fan, offends me. However, I've decided to overlook that issue (as important to me as that is), since I believe he would be a great fit for San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment