September 23, 2011

PINE VALLEY


I'm sure we'll all manage to dust ourselves off, pick up the pieces and go on with our lives, but it's going to be hard imagine a world without All My Children. It's final episode, after 41 years on the air, is today.

My grandmother was devoted from day one, so if I was at her house on a weekday, I was watching the show, as well. In fact, in the days before VCR's, if she was going to miss an episode, she would have me watch the show and then call me for the update.

They did have some pretty fun storylines. Tad and Dottie on the run from the mob, Erica shouting down a bear (and yes, it ran off), Brooke's stalker, Haley going into a shower as a brunette and coming out a blonde, Jenny and Greg, all AMC classic moments. Nothing amused me more than to have Brooke say "Oh Aunt Phoebe, shut up," with Phoebe ALWAYS reacting as if she had just been slapped in the face.

So long, residents of Pine Valley (Pennsylvania, for all you trivia buffs). You really are going to be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment