September 19, 2011

DERAILED


I was so happy when the High-Speed Rail bonds were passed by California voters, a few years ago. Flying has become such a pain in the ass that I haven't set foot in an airport in two years, now (and I used to be such a fly-aholic). Driving to Los Angeles is dull, and the current train service takes too damn long, so I thought this was going to be a great alternative.

Unfortunately, it looks like the train may never leave the station, after all.

I read on SFGATE this morning about the latest round of lawsuits regarding routes and location of the tracks and stations. One recent lawsuit was filed by the city of Palmdale, Ca, over fears that rail officials will abandon a planned Antelope Valley line through the city and reroute the tracks up Interstate 5 instead.

Let me get this straight. You THINK the route MIGHT be changed, so you're going to waste taxpayer money and time for a seemingly frivolous lawsuit based on something that hasn't (or may not even) happened?

So stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment