July 3, 2012

BUSY BODY



"I am not busy. I am the laziest ambitious person I know. Like most writers, I feel like a reprobate who does not deserve to live on any day that I do not write, but I also feel that four or five hours is enough to earn my stay on the planet for one more day. On the best ordinary days of my life, I write in the morning, go for a long bike ride and run errands in the afternoon, and in the evening I see friends, read or watch a movie. This, it seems to me, is a sane and pleasant pace for a day."

-- Tim Kreider, New York Times "The 'Busy' Trap"

Oh, Mr. Kreider, I couldn't agree with you more.

I've never bought into this insatiable (and seemingly american) need to have something to do during every moment of my day, and was happy to read that I'm not the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment