October 12, 2009

THE VICIOUS MRS. PARKER

I just quoted Dorothy Parker on my Facebook page, so I'm going to pay tribute to my writing idol by posting some of her best quotes on this page.

This is some of what she had to say:

On Katherine Hepburn: "She runs the gamut of emotions from A to B"

On her apartment: "It's just big enough to lay my hat . . . and a few friends"

On the opposite sex: "Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses"

On her epitaph: "It would be a good thing for them to cut on my tombstone: wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgement"

On the wealthy: "If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to"

On being challenged at using HORTICULTURE in a sentence: "You can drag a horticulture, but you can't make her think"

I love you, Dorothy Parker!

No comments:

Post a Comment