February 14, 2011

THE ART OF CUSTOMER SERVICE

I believe most of you out there would agree that the fine art of good customer service went the way of the dinosaur. How many times have you been in a store or called a customer service hotline, only to be ignored or treated as if you are imposing on the person who is being paid to help you?

Sometimes, however, you get someone who actually understands what customer service is all about and Mike at DirecTV just proved his worth as a customer service representative.

I was laid off a few months ago, and my satellite contract had just ended, so I called this afternoon to disconnect. When Mike asked why, I flat out told him that I had been laid off. Wanting to keep a good customer happy AND connected, Mike not only offered two months of FREE service (yes, 100% free), but when those two months end, he also issued a $30 dollar a month credit for six months after.

It takes a lot to shut me up (shut up) and Mike absolutely shut me up! All I could say was AWESOME and thanks. I also said I was going to give DirecTV a HUGE shout-out on my blog.

DirecTV has a customer for LIFE in me. Thanks Mike, and thanks DirecTV.

6 comments:

  1. pretty sure I recommended Direct TV to you ;)

    I actually just had a some amazing customer services experiences with Direct TV myself. Glad to hear you had the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i think it was the only time i wasn't burned by one of your recommendations. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Customer for LIFE? How 'bout, "Customer for life UNTIL they change their ways for the worse as every company eventually does."

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol well, i have to admit that their customer service has been pretty consistent. the few times i had to call i was always very satisfied with the results and professionalism that came from their end of the phone.

    ReplyDelete