February 5, 2011

FROM THE DESK OF . . .


To:       The Excutives at IFC - Independent Film Channel
From:   Scott Crayne
Re:       Commerical breaks

To whom it may concern:

You used to be one of my favourite television channels, with movies being shown in their entirety and without commercial interruption. In fact, your old tag line was "Uncut, Uninterrupted." Your new one is "Slightly On, Slightly Off," and with all the commercial interruptions you now have, it's a pretty accurate description of your programming today.

Kudos to the copy team that came up with that one.

Howver, with that said, I have just one thing to say: please stop it right now! You've taken a 15-minute Three Stooges short and turned into a 30-minute broadcast filled with commercial breaks every couple of minutes.

Not cool, not cool at all. It makes me wonder how long before the films you show will be edited.

Yes, it makes me wonder.

Sincerely,
Scott Crayne

2 comments:

  1. I'm also a big fan of uncut. Really, I simply must have my entertainment uncut. This place I'm watching The Three Stooges lately, the new broadcast network AntennaTV (not in San Fran; nyeah!), shows Three Stooges shorts in their entirety. Uncut Stooges. Now THAT'S entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...or at least uninterrupted with commercials is what I mean. But they don't seem edited.

    ReplyDelete