February 16, 2011

LIAR, LIAR

I wasn't really surprised when I read this story on MSNBC, but I was still kind of pissed off when I did.

It seems that one of the informants completely lied about WMD's in Iraq and even though members of the Cheney/Bush regime knew he was a liar, they went ahead and used his testimony to justify the war in Iraq.

Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi, said in an interview with the Guardian that he had fabricated claims of mobile biological weapons and clandestine factories made to German intelligence officials throughout 2000.

"Maybe I was right, maybe I was not right," Janabi, codenamed "Curveball" by U.S. and German intelligence officials, told the newspaper. "I had a problem with the Saddam regime," he said. "I wanted to get rid of him and now I had this chance."

He has also said that he's proud that his lies led to the downfall of Saddam Hussein.

This asshole has so much to be proud of, what, with the thousands of troops killed fighting this bullshit war, the tens of thousands of civilians killed because of this bullshit war, and the billions of dollars spent fighting this bullshit war.

Oh and let's not forget, we were given this tainted bill of goods all in the name of 9/11.

I am a man of few regrets, but I regret that we will never see this guy, along with the five pictured above, tried for war crimes against humanity.

1 comment:

  1. oh yeah. The case of questionable informants with an agenda has been a long-known problem. Dicky, especially, is known to have used this testimony and other unproven data to justify (and bully members of congress into) going to war. Including Colin Powell who, with his military trust of information that comes to war planners, went to the UN with Dick's questionable info and told world leaders that war in Iraq was justified. (And later learning about being duped is, I'm convinced, why he later resigned.)

    I always trusted Hans Blix. Who, of course, was ridiculed by The White House (Dick) as being an unreliable and ineffective UN weapons inspector.

    Fuck Dick.

    ReplyDelete