February 7, 2011

BICYCLE THIEVES

If you've ever driven or walked along Scott Street in the lower Haight area of San Francisco, you've noticed there are TWO bike lanes for each direction of traffic. They're also in the middle of the street, which makes navigating onto Oak or Fell Street a more easier experience.

With that said, I was annoyed to have some douche bag bike rider (on a tandem bike, no less) give me a hard time because I was walking along the middle of the SIDEWALK, making it difficult for him to get around me. He gave me a pissed look and muttered that I should move over. I immediately replied "What, is the bike lane (which I pointed to) not good enough for you?" I had my earphones on so I didn't quite hear what he said, but I replied with a stern "Fuck you," anyway.

Pussy boy and his strap-on wearing wife, very wisely, kept on riding.

About 20 minutes later, I came across this ironic and dandy little piece of bullshit painted on the path, which is a SHARED path, by the way. As I stopped to take the picture, another douche bag bike rider got pissed about having to weave around me and a few other pedestrians.

I have no idea why bicycle riders in San Francisco are so sanctimonious about their status as saviors of the environment. They have this entitled attitude and feel it's okay to not stop at red lights/signs, blast through crosswalks as pedestrians are using them (something that's happened to me several times) and act as if shared bike/pedestrian paths are really for them and we pedestrians are guests who really should just get out of their way.

As far as I'm concerned, the time for tough-love has arrived.

It has become quite clear that I need to start carrying a broomstick, so the next time one of these assholes tries any of their bullshit with me, I can take that broomstick and push it into either their front or back tire. Maybe a little road rash and a concussion will remind them that they don't own the road, that they need to slowdown, and that they need to get over themselves.

Just sayin', is all.

4 comments:

  1. and i ain't playing, either! HEH! i'm sure i've blogged this before

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precisely the kind of DAILY sanctimonious bullshit that drove me out of San Francisco. I hated getting angry DAILY at their - btw, perfect word - sanctimonious sense of privilege to act superior to and to demean anyone lower down the chain of PC activity. The biggest lie of San Fran is that you can be anything you want. Wrong. You can be anything "they" - the PC elitists - decide it's ok for you to be. Gawd... see, I feel the burning inside me right now. My breathing is getting shallow and ..R$**!! Ugh.. People on the east coast never made me feel like this. The PC soldiers of San F'co are assholes. Period.

    ReplyDelete