February 2, 2011

GLORY DAYS


On September 16, 1975, my dad, brother and I guest-starred on an episode of the popular 70's crime show The Streets of San Francisco.

Michael Douglas was a bit of a prick (he yelled at a bunch of us kids for making too much noise while they were filming the epilogue). Karl Malden, however, was very nice. I got his autograph, which I lost within a few weeks. UGH!

Anyway, I haven't seen the episode in its entirety since the original network broadcast, but I saw on my DirectTV guide that it is going to be on KOFY-TV20 at 10am tomorrow.

Can't wait to see it.

5 comments:

  1. wait, the ACTUAL episode you were in?!!? I have to DVR it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh DAMN!! It's now 11:18am so I just missed it... and I'm actually receiving ch 20 today here in Sacramento (thanks to my rooftop antenna). Sunnuvabitch! ... did you actually record it? Put clips of you onto YouTube!

    ...And, about the same time (1975) they filmed an episode virtually across the street from where I lived at the time on the Peninsula in Belmont so I met both of them. Michael was OK (he did seem politely friendly but not really interested), but yes, Karl Malden was a super nice guy. Chatted me up, shook my hand etc. And we all shared a wink and almost a high-five when that week's guest star Leslie Charleson (Pearl Drops Tooth Polish... "Mmmmm! It's a great feeling!") appeared in her trailer-dressing room door in her bra. I was ~15.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol i remember that commercial

    no, not able to record it, no vcr. i'm only in a couple of scenes and pretty much in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the background? so you are or are not the kid in the red jacket being held in the guys arms outside the school towards the beginning of the episode?

    ReplyDelete