February 15, 2011

SIX DEGREES: OSCAR STYLE

A long, long time ago, I took a phone message for my roommate, Phil. It was from a woman who said her name was Sacheen, to which I replied "wow, that's a pretty name." She laughed, thanked me and we hung up.

I was home a few weeks later when the door buzzer went off. When I opened the door, it was a woman who asked if Phil was home. He wasn't, we exchanged some polite chit-chat and she asked me to tell Phil that Sacheen had stopped by and then left. When I told Phil that she had stopped by, Phil's friend Ron told me that the person at the door was, in fact, the Sacheen Littlefeather.

Sacheen is famous for refusing, on behalf of Marlon Brando, the Best Supporting Actor award he won for his performance in The Godfather.

No comments:

Post a Comment