April 18, 2011

TREASURE TRAIL

just past the beginning of the Pleasant Hill leg of the trail

when the trail winds towards Alamo

the trail as it approaches Danville

the trails end at the Dublin BART station

My more regular poopers know of the love I have for the weekend bike ride. Lately, I've been riding up to San Rafael for lunch at Sol Food. This Saturday, however, I hoped onto BART for my favourite bike trail, the Iron Horse.

Located on a former railroad line between Concord and Dublin, it was turned into a shared bike and hike trail back in the 80's. I pick up the trail at the Pleasant Hill/Contra Costa Centre station and peddle my fat ass along grassy fields, horse barns, and the (currently green) rolling hills of the east bay.

The trail ends 19 miles later (literally) at the fare machines of the Dublin BART station.

roundtrip BART ticket: $10.60
time spent riding: 90 minutes
a euphoric afternoon: priceless

No comments:

Post a Comment