April 23, 2011

UNIVERSAL (healthcare) SOLDIER


To: Anthem Blue Cross
From: Scott Crayne
Account Number: 212FUCKYOU
Re: Policy Cancellation

To whom it may concern:

I just received in the mail yesterday my second rate increase notice in less than six months. This is unacceptable, so please let this serve as notice of cancellation.

When I first signed up for this policy, it was six months before I used it, and when I did, it was for a long-overdue doctor visit. That first visit triggered an investigation as to why I going to the doctor, with copies of my medical records requested by your medical investigations unit.

What, do you guys think you're CSI, or something?

I was very disturbed by this action. I mean, isn't this what health insurance is for? Well, Anthem/Blue Cross, the joke is on you. As an active participant in my health, there is nothing wrong with me, and my medical records confirmed that. Funny, I would think I'd be your ideal policy holder, someone who pays his monthly premium yet rarely goes to the doctor.

When I injured my knee (at the gym), you fought every claim sent in by the doctors who saw me, even though you eventually paid those claims (since you found the visits and treatments prescribed by the doctors were medically necessary). Then, you had a third-party company start sending me harassing letters regarding my injury, stating that it was their understanding my injury was caused by an accident, and could I please forward them information so they could, on your behalf, seek compensation from the gym where my injury happened.

Really? Wow, what a set of balls you guys have. Those letters were ignored, and they will continue to be ignored. Oh, and just for the record, the injury was my fault, and was not caused by poorly maintained equipment or human error on the part of the gym.

Sometimes, shit really does happen.

Because of all this ridiculousness, I have decided to take my chances with the universal health care program offered by the City of San Francisco called Healthy San Francisco. This is a program that has gotten some very high marks.

For many reasons, my personal beliefs are that the health insurance policies should NOT be sold by publicly-held companies. Time has shown that it's not about the health maintenance of your policy holders, which is what you should be encouraging. It's all about the bottom line, and the multi-million dollar salaries of your executive staff and dividend payouts to shareholders.

You should be ashamed of yourself. You will not be missed, so let's not say we'll keep in touch.

Coldest regards,

Scott Crayne

No comments:

Post a Comment