September 8, 2010

I'M LOVIN' IT!

This could ONLY happen in San Francisco.

Homeless advocates are all in a tizzy because the owner/operator of the McDonald's on Haight and Stanyan Streets has raised the prices on it's "Dollar Menu" by .50 cents, effectively discontinuing the popular menu.

These "advocates" claim that this is an unfair price increase against the area homeless and that they will now go hungry. I guess a private business is no longer able to raise or drop prices as it sees fit? Last time I checked, McDonald's wasn't in the business of running soup kitchens.

Oh, and speaking of soup kitchens, are any of these homeless unable to walk the two miles (at the most) to Glide Memorial Church, St. Anthony's Dining Room, or to one of the many other homeless shelters that serve much more nutritious meals?

I mean, if you're really THAT hungry . . .

2 comments:

  1. This is precisely the PC bullsh!t that made me so fed up and disgusted with SF that I moved out. The use of indignation as justification for PC concerns just angers the piss outta me.

    ReplyDelete