September 14, 2010

WHAT A SET OF BALLS


I'm not sure who's in charge of public relations for PG&E, but after today's announcement, I'm thinking they're WAY overpaid since the timing of this couldn't have been more poorly planned.


A proposal by state regulators and backed by the San Francisco-based power company has been presented to the California Public Utilities Commission. In it, they are asking for permission to pass on any costs from disasters not covered by their insurance, to their customers.

WTF?

If the insurance they carry won't cover all costs incurred in the event of a disaster (like the one in San Bruno last week), then PG&E and it's shareholders are the one's who need to bear the brunt, not taxpayers. They're a multi-billion dollar company, and I'm sure they've got plenty sitting in an account somewhere.

You can't pocket your profits and socialize your losses.

I can only hope that someone, somewhere is trying to get Erin Brockovich on the phone right now.

3 comments:

  1. This is why, on my Facebook profile, I list myself as "anti-plutocracy." That is, corporate-run government (or, by the wealthy, anyway). Here's another example of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck, what's Brockovich's number? I'll call her!

    ReplyDelete