September 25, 2010

UNHAPPY MEALS

San Francisco's infamous Board of Stupidvisors is at it again.

The first hearing on the proposal to ban toys in fast food kids meals takes place this Monday. I'm sorry, but they have nothing better to do with their time? Have they solved the homeless issue? Have they figured out how to keep the streets clean and urine-free? No?

I didn't think so.

With all the issues confronting San Franciscians today, I question the need for this battle right now. We all know that fast food is bad for you but at some point, you have to step back and allow people to decide what they want to eat (or, in this case, have their kids eat). I wouldn't take my niece or nephew to any of these "restaurants," but that's because I love them and care what they eat.

Banning toys in kids meals is just silly food policing. The fast food industry has gone a long way to make their kids meals better by offering milk, fruit cups and other healthier alternatives (with mixed results, by the way). However, it's not the responsibility of government to tell someone what they can or cannot eat.

But then I'm just saying, is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment