December 4, 2011

MY OZ


The Stock Exchange - A calm among our Bulls and Bears.

The Aquarium - Open Season at the big pond in our town.

The Shuttle in the Subway - Exploring one of the leading labyrinths of our
subway system at Grand Central Station.

I found myself at the the new local men's lifestyle store, Union Made, with Ryan and Junna yesterday evening. While the outlet was filled with kind of shoes, boots, sweaters, and shirts that I love, I managed to curb my spending, and purchased some cedar chips (which makes the apartment smell nice), and the book these pictures come from, Up & Down New York, by Tony Sarg.

First published in 1926, I was immediately charmed not only by its pictures and words, but by the fact that most of what is portrayed in the book still exists today.

Nice to know the more some things change, the more they stay the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment