March 14, 2010

DOUBLE FEATURE, PICTURE SHOW



There are few things I like more than a good bad-ass chick flick, and nobody does them better than Quentin Tarantino. Although a flop when originally released (as part of the GRINDHOUSE double-feature tribute with Robert Rodriguez), Death Proof is one of Tarantino's best bad-ass chick flicks.

I'm not sure whether or not Summertime is the most romantic movie ever made, but I'm willing to debate it. Directed by David Lean, this 1955 release stars Katharine Hepburn (looking a little like Lucy Ricardo, here) as a secretary on vacation, and sexy Rossano Brazzi as the antique shopkeeper she enjoys a Summer vacation fling with while visiting Venice, Italy.

Both are highly recommended rentals (or purchases) and both were in my DVD player this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. OMFG... Look at the COLOR!! The lighting!! Hollywood had REAL artists back then. I *SPIT* on today's filmmakers!

    (right-click/save.. I might blow it up and make it my computer desktop)

    ReplyDelete