March 9, 2010

REASONABLE THINKING RETURNS TO CITY HALL?

Could a San Francisco city supervisor become my new hero?

Maybe.

In an attempt to rein-in spiraling labor costs, Sean Elsbernd has submitted a proposed initiative for the November ballot that is set to take aim at a MUNI salary formula that allows employees to always be the second highest-paid transit workers in the country. 47,000 valid signatures of registered voters are required to be collected by July 6. I'd also like to see an end to the unlimited sick leave MUNI workers have (they don't even have to call in, they can just not show up for days at a time, with no repercussions).

I'm not one to sign petitions (it's the elected officials job to write and pass laws, not voter), but I want to know where I can sign because I am SO FOR THIS LAW!

Sean Elsbernd is the representative for District 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment